Saturday 13 December 2008

A Serverless Wiki on Windows

I began looking into serverless wikis when my server-based wiki at work crashed. I figured a server-less wiki would be a more robust, controllable way to store my information. Thus I discovered TiddlyWiki, a serverless JavaScript wiki implementation. TiddlyWiki is amazing because it's a single HTML file. Stick it into Visual Web Developer (or Visual Interdev - the keyboard shortcuts are the same), hit Cntrl-Alt-T and navigate the Document Outline. Here's a quick run-down of the TiddlyWiki source code. The head of the document contains a hashtable of title and version data, followed by copyright and content-type META tags. Next comes a CSS STYLE tag. The second last SCRIPT tag defines the config hash-of-hashes detailing configuration information for the wiki page.

No comments: