Sunday 29 June 2008

Recording Internet Audio

Just downloaded the open-source program Audacity 1.2.6. I'm trying to export some recorded audio a) in WAV format (which warns me my tracks will be mixed down to a single mono channel) and MP3 (which requires lame_enc.dll - LAME being an MP3 encoder licensed under LGPL, see lame.sourceforge.net for more details). I haven't looked at the source code but Audacity just seems to record the noise from your speakers. If you redirect the audio output Audacity gets confused. There might be a way to configure this properly but it's not obvious.

2 comments:

Debz said...

Hey Joe

Have you tried using any of these :
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=flv&cat=1%2C38

It has worked for me while viewing web-sites with embedded flash videos ... not sure if it will work for audio though.

Debz.

KolleyKibber said...

Thanks for the tip. I am now using Magic's Video Downloader to grab the FLV files and separating these into AVI and MP3 components using FLVExtract.